FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF NORTHERN ALABAMA
1820 7TH AVENUE NORTH – SUITE 110
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35203
205.324.0111 / FAX: 305.320.0238 / 1-866-740.1040
The mission of the Fair Housing Center of Northern Alabama is to eradicate housing discrimination in the northern pat of the state. FHCNA is dedicated to fighting housing discrimination, promoting inclusive communities and fair and equal access to housing.
Title: Fair Housing Specialist II
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Minimum Requirements: B. A and/or experience in relevant fields such as housing and/or civil rights.
Performance Standards: Detail Oriented, well-organized, visionary, good interpersonal skills, public speaking skills.
General Responsibilities: Develop and facilitate educational offerings to a wide array of stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a fair housing education plan.
- Create and implement annual fair housing education plan including events that respond to community and organizational needs, along with grant requirements.
- Work with Supervisor to set quarterly education related goals.
- Maintain, develop and promote fair housing trainings that expand access to fair housing information and promote organizational sustainability through income generation.
- Manage scheduling and implement trainings.
- Continue implementing existing trainings and develop and expand curriculum for trainings that meet the needs of a wide variety of consumers, housing providers, and public officials.
- Market education programs to a wide variety of audiences.
- Fulfill education requirements related to specific grants and or contracts.
- Plan and implement educational events.
- Facilitate the Annual Fair Housing Roundtable.
- Build partnerships with organizations and community groups to promote fair housing education.
- Assist in planning and producing events for Fair Housing Month.
- Participate in outside events and assist in planning educational events to promote all programs with the organization and in accordance with relevant grant requirements
- Design, print and distribute and maintain educational materials, update and maintain web page and Facebook.
- Create client videos for use for donor events and social media engagements.
- Develop vides and PowerPoint presentations for training.
- Create social media and e-news stories to include Constant Contact, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Blog, YouTube and quarterly newsletters.
- Coordinate fair housing education activities in support of other Departments.
- Comply with the following
- Maintain a data base of all outreach activities.
- Participate in grant reporting and applications as needed.
- Safeguard all assets of FHCNA as well as the security and confidentiality of tis clients.
- Represent FHCNA consistently and effectively in a professional and exceptional manner.
- Works as a team member and support the mission and goals of FHCNA.
Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Characteristics and skills needed for the position:
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to relate comfortably to individuals of different racial/ethnic, economic and cultural background. Ability to educate a wide variety of individuals on the law in a way that is relevant to applicable. Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner under pressure. Team player literacy with a variety of basic office programs, including Microsoft Wood and Excel. Competency in use of basic office technology, including phones, copy machines, fax, emailing, postage meter, printers and other Demonstrated commitment to fair housing and/or civil rights. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and 3 references:
Fair Housing Center of Northern Alabama
c/o Executive Director
1810 7th Avenue North – Suite 110
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
We are an equal opportunity employer
Closing date, April 15, 2019.